The lamp combined with the methane signaling device is intended for automatic control of the content of methane in the mine air and for the generation of light signals when the maximum permissible values ??of the volume fraction of methane.
Basic and auxiliary light sources are used as an executive unit. Light sources are also used to provide working or emergency lighting.
The signaling device has the following features and capabilities:
- when it reaches the intermediate operating threshold (2% or 1%) and more than volume fraction of methane in the air, the light source switches into an intermittent operation mode with a frequency of 1 Hz;
- when it reaches the upper operating threshold (2,5% or 1,5%) and more than volume fraction of methane in the air, the light source switches into an intermittent operation mode with a frequency of 10 Hz;
- operation in an emergency mode when the accumulator battery voltage is below the lower threshold;
- disconnection of the power source when short circuit in the power circuits.
- Methane sensor is protected from unauthorized access and, at the same time, has easy access for maintenance.